- Starting Point: Kathmandu
- End Point: Kathmandu
- Duration: 21D/20N
- Highest Point: 6173 meters
- Trek Distance:150 km
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Temperature: 10°C to 20°C
- Best time for trekking: September to November/March to May
About Island Peak, Nepal:
- Island Peak is a popular trekking destination in the Everest Region of Nepal. Perched at an elevation of over 20,000 feet, Island Peak comes under Sagarmatha National Peak which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Apart from being a trekking destination, Island Peak is also filled with hidden treasures of nature.
- The serenity of Himalayan Peaks like Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Ama Dablam and the surroundings rich with diverse flora and fauna never fail to hypnotize people whether they are nature enthusiasts or adventure seekers. Passing through the sheets of snow and lush meadow, reaching up to the peak is a rewarding journey.
About Island Peak Trek in Nepal:
- Reach the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu and take a short flight to Lukla from where we will start our trekking journey. Get to know our representatives who will brief you on trek plans and will be accompanying you on the entire journey.
- Following along Dudh Koshi Valley we will trek towards Phakding Village and later on move towards Namche Bazaar catching a glimpse of Mount Everest. Spend one entire day resting and exploring Namche.
- Dudh Koshi Valley will continue to trek alongside us. Cross the Phortse Thanga Bridge. And witnessing the enchanting views of Khumbu Peaks traverse from an altitude of 3450 meters to 3867 meters.
- Befriend Imja Khola, Imja Valley and Tshola Tsho Lake while trekking towards the Everest Base Camp. Don't forget to feast your eyes on the pristine frames of Khumbu Glacier and Everest.
- Make your way up to higher and higher altitudes. Enjoy the surreal beauty of the surroundings from Everest Base Camp and continue to climb up the Kala Patthar Summit at 5554 meters.
- Pass through the villages of Dingboche and Chukhung making your way closer and closer to the Island Peak. Spend a day in Island Peak Base Camp and High Camp gathering the energy to conquer the summit.
- Buckle your harness properly and conquer your dreams of reaching Island Peak at an elevation of 6173 meters, which is also the highest point of the trek.
- Trek along the same route you came by to cover the journey back to Kathmandu crossing through several villages and valleys. Give your trip a lovely ending and catch a flight back home carrying back loads of memories.