- Activity Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Activity Duration: 1 day
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Minimum Age: 9 years
- River Grade: Class 1+
About Chiang Mai, Thailand:
- Chiang Mai is a city in northern Thailand. It's also a popular base for exploring the surrounding mountains and jungles, including Cave and Jungle Kayaking adventures.
- There are several cave systems in the Chiang Mai area.
- Chiang Dao Cave, which is one of the most famous ones. This cave is located in the Chiang Dao Wildlife Sanctuary, Chiang Mai City. Jungle kayaking is another popular activity in the Chiang Mai area. The Mae Ping River, which runs through Chiang Mai City, offers some gentle Kayaking opportunities.
About Cave and Jungle Kayaking
- We start our adventure at 8:30 AM when we are picked up from the hotel and driven up into the Chiang Dao Valley, which is nestled in the Northern Thai Jungle.
- Here, we embark on a serene kayaking journey along the Mae Ping River, which winds its way through bamboo jungles and temperate forests, providing an up-close and intimate view of Northern Thailand's wilderness.
- We float to the earthy rhythm of the river, away from the well-trodden paths, surrounded by undisturbed woods and overgrown banks with fallen trees reaching out into the water.
- We go with the flow in the midst of nature's apparent chaos, enjoying the shade from overhanging trees and the cool water as we navigate the river's twists and turns.
- We are accompanied by a plethora of birdlife and leisurely water buffaloes as we paddle through this tranquil landscape.
- Following the Kayaking excursion, we enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant or along the riverbank.
- Now, armed with headlamps and flashlights, we explore the magnificent Chiang Dao Cave System with a Local Guide.
- Spend around 60 mins there and then the unforgettable trip comes to an end with drop-off around 5:30 PM.