- Maximum Altitude: 18,300ft
- Parang La Trek Difficulty Level: Difficult
- The Parang La Pass Trek that passes to the scenic valleys of Ladakh, is one of the maximum famous hiking trails withinside the Ladakh-Spiti valley. Offering remarkable perspectives of the towering mountains and the snow-clad peaks. Though scenic all of the approaches, the Parang La trek originates from the Kara hamlet and keeps until Karkoza. It starts gaining altitude because it makes its manner thru Spiti Valley and eventually takes the trekkers to the Tso Moriri Lake.
- This remarkable trek takes you thru the adventure of a number of the maximum remarkable sights. Pass-thru the excessive altitude village famous for recognizing the particularly enigmatic and elusive snow leopard after which slowly take a few steep turns. Witness the untouched splendor of the place with the barren region and the verdant splendor. Start in your thrilling journey, from the enigmatic village of Kibber, which is famed for its elusive snow leopard population.
About the Parang La Trek:
- Parang La trek takes you thru the verdant splendor of Spiti Valley. Here is a nine-day lengthy journey day trip to Parang La from Kaza, the lovely place to begin that is appropriate for the excellent graduation of such a day trip. In the primary lap of the trek, Kibber at an altitude of 14000 ft and centuries vintage Ki monastery could be the proper region to discover and after crossing many slim river gorges you'll attain Duma. The pretty difficult and worrying segment of the trek comes whilst you flow from Thaltak Meadow to Jagtha and from there to Bomgrojen.
- The fourth day of the trek sees the principal stretches of this thrilling journey whilst you put together to climb the summit up. From the pinnacle, you can locate the amazing splendor of Spiti Valley particularly influential in yourself. From the pinnacle, with the glimpses of the verdant valley, stroll right down to the well-known Pare Chu River, and from there, you'll flow enthusiastically in the direction of Dak Karzong. As you preserve the trek, you'll come to overcome the flat paths accomplishing as much as Racholamo Valley and from then onward, there could be smooth downhill approaches to attain Norbu Sumdo. You get to pass a river past Norbu Sumdo to reach Chumik Shield.
- Tso Moriri Lake and a stroll throughout the banks of it'd be the maximum extravagant spotlight of this trek. Then you'll go to the lovely vintage, Korzok Monastery too earlier than you land up the simple trails of Parang La. This trek may be one of the incredible approaches to rediscovering the untouched valleys of Spiti and the Himalayas.
Parang La Trek Itinerary
Day 1 - Kaza to Ki | Ki to Dumla (18 km approx./ 4 hours)
- Arrive in Kaza, make yourself cushy through exploring the city, and get acclimatized. Kaza is the executive center of the Spiti Valley.
- After being used to the conditions, start the enjoy through first riding from Kaza to the small village of Kibber.
- Kibber is located at a brilliant top of approximately 14000 ft above sea level, and it's miles the various maximum human settlements withinside the world.
- Near the village is the well-known Ki Monastery an 11th-century Buddhist site well-known for its architecture, wall artwork, and snapshots of Lord Buddha.
- Later, start the primary segment of the Parang La trek and flow toward Duma.
- It is a quick hike however you want to be careful because of the marginally tough terrain of the Lahaul and Spiti place.
- Cross numerous deep and slim river gorges at the manner to Dumla, and on accomplishing your vacation spot journey to the campsite for an in a single day stay.
Day 2 - Dumla to Thaltak Meadow (14990 ft approx./ 3-4 hours)
- Walk down the mountainous slopes at the same time as finishing this stretch of the Parang La hiking day trip and attain the bottom part of a slim gorge.
- After finishing the descent, overcome the climbs toward the meadow of Thaltak.
- As you reach the altitude, pitch your tents and revel in a nonviolent tenting.
Day 3 - Thank Meadow to Jagtha | Jagtha to Bongrojen (16780 ft approx./ 7 hours)
- In the morning, start with the lengthy and worrying segment of the trek to Parang La through taking walks for around 8 km toward Jagtha after which is similarly toward Bongrojen.
- On the manner, come down the slopes toward the ground of a river after which observe it upstream.
- In direction Bongrojen, stroll thru hordes of small and large rocks, scattered at the music.
- On arrival in Bongrojen, switch to the campsite for an evening stay.
Day 4 - Bongrojen to Parang La (18290 ft) | Parang La to Dak Karzong (16200 ft approx./ 5 hours)
- One of the principal stretches of Parang La will take you to the summit of the mountain skip itself.
- Have a warm cup of tea and breakfast earlier than you begin the trek.
- Gain elevation regularly at the same time as ascending to the pinnacle of the by skip.
- On accomplishing the by skip summit, examine the bewitching perspectives of the Spiti Valley, after which begin descending toward the Pare Chu River.
- Post a hit of the entirety of the trails, tread on flat plains at the manner to Dak Karzong.
- It is a small, flat, and barren valley surrounded by excessive mountains on all sides.
- Upon accomplishing the site, journey to the camp and relaxation.
Day 5 - Dak Karzong to Datang Yongma (15500 ft approx./ 5 hours)
- Head upstream alongside the Pare Chu River, and stroll thru several minor mountain rivers.
- On accomplishing Datang Yongma, installation camps and retire for the day.
Day 6 - Datang Yongma to Chumik Shield (14869 ft approx./ 5-6 hours)
- As you continue with the Parang La trek, you'll be trekking early morning alongside the smooth and almost-flat direction as much as the Racholamo Valley.
- From right here, the music comes downhill considerably, passing through the grounds of Norbu Sumdo, which was once the assembly region of Ladakhi monarchs.
- Cross a river past Norbu Sumdo at the manner to Chumik Shield.
- On accomplishing the vacation spot, journey to the camps for a single day stay.
Day 7 - Chumik Shield to Tso Moriri (15075 ft approx./ 5 hours)
- This phase of the Parang La hiking could be there on your coronary heart all the time because of the presence of extraordinarily lovely surroundings at the manner.
- Tread on flat and huge plains to attain Tso Moriri a mesmerizing glacial lake at an altitude of about 15075 ft.
- On the manner, in case you are lucky, you'll spot a few Tibetan wild asses and across the lake, hordes of migratory birds.
- Upon arriving at this heavenly region, take a go searching and plunge into the bloodless water in case you dare!
- Click hundreds of pics and stroll across the lake to discover the place more. Later, switch the camps for a single-day stay.
Day 8 - Tso Moriri to Korzok (14850 ft/ 6-7 hours)
- Begin the notable part of the Parang La trek by taking walks alongside the seashore lines of Tso Moriri.
- It is an extensively established spot to click on loads of pix of the snow-clad peaks of the Ladakh Mountain Range.
- As you attain the Korzok Village, avail a non-obligatory go to Korzok Monastery, which homes statues and difficult wall artwork of several Buddhist deities.
- Following this, you'll be transferred to your accommodations to relax at night time.
Day 9 - Korzok to Leh (211 km approx./ 5 hours)
- Traveling from Korzok to Leh through the street is a good way to stop the trek to Parang La.
- Choose to discover the city or journey similarly to Srinagar or Manali to board a flight to Delhi.