About the destination:
Kedarnath is a divine Hindu pilgrimage destination where thousands of tourists and pilgrims come every year to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva. It is famous for the Kedarnath shrine, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva which is a scenic spot situated against the backdrop of the majestic Kedarnath range. It is one of the Char Dhams nestled gloriously in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand nestled gracefully at an average height of 3584 meters above sea level and lies in the midst of snow-capped Garhwal Himalayan ranges near the head of the beautiful Mandakini River. Due to its high altitude, the weather in Kedarnath remains cold for the most part of the year. Summer here is cool and pleasant while winter is severe. Trek to the Kedarnath is filled with serenity and rhododendron woods that makes the way amidst the mighty Himalayas.
Route: Rishikesh - Guptkashi - Kedarnath - Guptkashi - Rishikesh
Duration: 5 Days, 4 Nights
Start Point: Rishikesh
End Point: Rishikesh
- Hotel accommodation as per package selected
- Stay on a double and triple sharing basis
- Buffet breakfast and dinner on all days
- Comfortable and hygienic vehicle (Sedan/Innova/Xylo/Similar) for sightseeing on all days as per the itinerary
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- All toll tax, parking, fuel and driver allowances
- All applicable taxes
Universal Adventure recommended:
- Pay respects at the Gauri Kund temple on your way to Kedarnath
- Visit Gandhi Sarovar or Chorabari Lake located near Kedarnath
- Visit Vasuki Taal situated at an average height of 14,200 feet above sea level
- Visit Bhairav Temple situated south of the Kedarnath Temple
How to reach:
The nearest airport to Rishikesh is Jolly Grant airport, Dehradun, all the flights from the major cities are available here. You can also take the train to Haridwar and then travel further in a cab for Rishikesh. Haridwar is connected to all the major cities by railways.
Day 1: Rishikesh - Guptkashi (204 KM/08 HR)
- You will be picked from Rishikesh in the morning and will be taken directly to the Guptkashi.
- The route will be covering the Byasi, Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, and Agastmuni hill stations on the way.
- Have your lunch in the midway and you will reach the destination in the evening.
- Check-in into the hotel and enjoy the evening.
- Overnight stay at Guptkashi.
Day 2: Guptkashi - Gaurikund - Kedarnath
- Wake up early and get a refresh for a day.
- You will be embarking on the tour through the road from Guptkashi to Sonprayag which has a distance of 30 km.
- Sometimes this distance takes more than 03 hours to reach Sonprayag. so leaving early is a good option.
- Take the local conveyance for Gaurikund from sonprayag.
- Once done with medical and biometric registration, you can proceed to the trek.
- It will be a 16km trek, you will also have other options like Dolly/Ponny if you wish to skip trekking.
Day 3: Kedarnath - Sonprayag - Guptkashi
- Do the necessary shopping for the pooja at Kedarnath temple, and can also book the special puja at an additional charge.
- Pack your bags and get ready to trek down to Sonprayag.
- From there you can board a cab and proceed your journey to Chopta.
- You will reach Chopta in the evening, from there you can enjoy the mesmerizing sunset and bonfire.
- Have your dinner and overnight stay at Guptkashi.
Day 4: Guptkashi - Rishikesh (204 KM/08 HR)
- After having a wholesome breakfast, check out from the hotel and start travelling to Rishikesh.
- Upon your arrival, check in to the hotel and get freshened up to explore the beautiful place.
- Visit Lakshman Jhula, a beautiful bridge over the River Ganga that will definitely soothe your inner being.
- Do not forget to witness the Ganga Aarti at the Ghat to feel the spirituality within.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Rishikesh with delicious dinner
Day 5: Departure from Rishikesh
- Wake up with a delicious breakfast and get ready to check out from the hotel in Rishikesh.
- Take a bag full of memories as this beautiful journey will come to an end.