- Start/End Point of the Trek- Srinagar to Srinagar
- Trek Duration- 4 Days
- Trek Distance- 30 KM
- Trek Altitude- 12,000 Ft
- Trek Difficulty- Easy to Moderate
- Trek Temperature- 15°C to 24°C
- Best Time to Trek- May- July, November- December
About Gangabal Lake Kashmir:
- Kashmir is full of secrets of nature and Gangabal Lake is one, this tranquillity and simplicity will touch your hearts, located at the foot of Mount Harmukh north of Srinagar in Kashmir, is the home to the sacred Gangabal Lake or Harmukh Ganga, known as the home of Shiva and deeply beloved by the Kashmiri- Hindus.
- It is a high-altitude lake with one of the most picturesque backdrops that make this place bewitching with beauty. Stunning Glaciers and springs and snow-capped mountains enhance the serene beauty of the place. It is located at the 4th highest peak in the valley at Ganderbal district which adds on a little adventurous factor.
About Gangabal Lake Trek from Srinagar:
- Our journey will begin with our arrival at Srinagar, from where we'll take a scenic drive to Narang Base Camp, a road journey. A beautiful ride of 2.5 hours will take us to our destination.
- The Next day our trekking journey begins and we trek to Trunkhol Meadow, a beautiful face of the Eastern side of Mt. Harmukh is visible (11,155ft)
- The big day finally comes as we will finally visit the mesmerizingly splendid lake, Gangabal Lake, and be lost in its beauty and the incredible backdrops that take one breath away. After enjoying the views we will trek back to the Nundkol Lake camping site where we'll stay.
- The final day of our journey comes as we trek back to Narang Base Camp from Nundkol camp and then again get on a scenic drive back to Srinagar, a beautiful end to our journey.