Anayirangal Dam Boating
Booking with ₹0
-40% ₹ 299
What will you experience
Explore The Calm Waters
Spend Time With Loved Ones
About the Activity
|Location||Anayirangal Dam in Idukki, Munnar|
|Duration||15 to 45 minutes|
About Anayirangal Dam:
- A lesser-known scenic Dam, the Anayirangal Reservoir is a beautiful place of attraction surrounded by verdant tea plantations, low hazy clouds and dense forests, ideal for spending company with the greenery of Kerala.
- Boating on the Dam is a popular activity that is not to be missed, along with relishing hot, smoked and juicy corn cobs from the nearby vendors served with a dash of lemon and salt to make the experience more savoury.
About Anayirangal Dam Boating:
- The visitors arrive at the designated Boating area through their own means of transport and are greeted with a warm welcome from the guide.
- Onboarding their choice of Boat, they prepare for a journey of the serenity of the heavenly foggy skies, vast horizons and green surroundings.
- With postcard-worthy sceneries of tea plantations, a cooling breeze blowing past, and refreshingly crisp waters, visitors aboard are in for a wondrous treat.
- A perfect place for nature enthusiasts, with fairytale-like valleys, photographs carry memories and moments into the backpacks of all those who visit.
- The place creates a personal and magical setting with intimate conversations or simply enjoying the passing mesmerising beauty with friends and family.
- After the promised duration of the Boat ride, the visitors take back mental and physical pictures of the minutes spent on the lake laden with preciousness.
Know before you book
- Check the weather forecast before your Boating trip, and avoid going Boating during heavy rains or thunderstorms, as it can be dangerous and can restrict your visibility.
- Decide on the type of Boat you want- a row or a motorBoat. Choose one that suits your preferences and group size.
- Do not jump into the river for a swim; this is extremely dangerous.
- Bring sunblock, sunglasses, and hats to protect yourself on a sunny day.
- Ensure you wear a lifejacket or any other safety equipment provided by the operator.
- Children should be kept under the eye of adults and should wear life jackets that fit them properly.
- If you're interested in photography or birdwatching, bring a camera or binoculars (at your own risk) to capture the scenic beauty.
- Be mindful of the environment and avoid littering by properly disposing of trash in the reservoir or around the area.
Things to Carry
- Food and Water Supplies
- Proper Clothing
- Id Proof
- UA Voucher
Frequently Asked Quetions
What are the Boating timings in Anayirangal Dam?
Visitors can Boat on the reservoir from 9 AM to 4 PM. Enjoy the afternoons beside the lake, among picturesque scenery and a hot cup of tea after Boating.
In which district is the Anayirangal Dam?
The Dam is located in the Idukki district of Kerala, surrounded by tea plantations on one side and dense forests on the other.
What is the history of the Anayirangal Dam?
The Dam is the meeting spot for elephants who come to the site to quench their thirst for water. Anayirangal is derived from two words: aana and irangal, meaning elephant and descend.
Are there prior permissions required to visit the Dam?
No prior permission from any authority is required to visit the Dam on any day. Plan your trip to the Dam for a fantastic experience at your convenience.
Is there an entry fee required?
There is a nominal fee ranging from INR 10 to INR 20 that is to be paid to get entry into the Dam. This fee has been made affordable for all visitors.
I cancelled at the last minute. What about the refund?
Please visit our website for the payment and cancellation policy to learn more about refunds.
I have a query about the boarding point.
The boarding point for the Boating is Anayirangal Dam so people can come between 09 AM to 04 PM & enjoy boating here.
Will safety equipment be provided on the Boat ride?
Yes, all safety equipment, including life jackets, will be provided on the Boat ride to all visitors. Throughout the ride, the safety of the visitors is our number one priority.
Can I choose my Boat?
Visitors can choose their choice of Boat: a row or a motorBoat, depending on availability which is subject to change depending on bookings and repair.
Can I photograph the scenery?
Yes! Documenting your journey on the Boat and capturing memories using a camera is a beautiful idea. However, take care of your belongings as the company will not be held liable for any damages to personal items.