Booking with ₹0
-23% ₹ 499
What will you experience
1.0-1.5 Hour Boating
Witness Various Wildlife Species
About the Activity
|Activity||Boating at Thekkady|
|Duration||1.0 - 1.5 hours|
|Location||Periyar Lake, inside Periyar Tiger Reserve|
|Key Attraction||Wildlife viewing from the Boat|
About Periyar Tiger Reserve, Thekkady:
- Periyar Tiger Reserve, located in Thekkady, Kerala, is a mesmerizing haven for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. Spread over lush green landscapes, it is a treasure trove of biodiversity.
- As one of India's most prominent tiger reserves, Periyar is renowned for its thriving wildlife population, including majestic elephants, elusive tigers, and a diverse array of bird species. The pristine Periyar Lake within the reserve adds to its scenic charm, making it an unforgettable destination for eco-tourism.
About Thekkady Boating Activity:
- Begin your journey by boarding the comfortable Boat at the designated starting point.
- Cruise through the tranquil waters of Periyar Lake, marvelling at the breathtaking natural beauty.
- Keep your eyes peeled for glimpses of the diverse wildlife that frequents the lake's shores.
- Listen to informative and entertaining commentary from experienced guides, enriching your understanding of the area's ecology.
- Immerse yourself in the peaceful ambience of the lake, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Capture the enchanting landscapes and wildlife encounters, creating lasting memories of your Periyar Boating experience.
Know before you book
- Do follow the instructions of your guide for a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Don't disturb the wildlife or throw any litter into the lake.
- Wear comfortable and appropriate clothing and footwear for the trip.
- Avoid standing up or making sudden movements in the Boat to maintain stability.
- Keep a respectful distance from animals to ensure their well-being and safety.
- Avoid feeding or touching any wildlife during the Boat ride.
- Check the weather forecast before the trip and carry rain gear if needed.
- Be prepared for varying temperatures, as it can get chilly on the water.
- Bring a camera or binoculars to capture wildlife moments and breathtaking scenery.
- Ensure your camera is charged and has enough memory space for pictures.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, consider taking appropriate medications before the Boat ride.
- Sit at the centre of the Boat to minimize the impact of any motion.
- Avoid carrying plastic bags or single-use items to protect the lake's ecosystem.
- Leave behind any non-essential items to travel light and reduce waste.
- The Boat ride involves some boarding and disembarking steps, so a basic level of fitness is advisable.
- Inform your guide of any medical conditions that may affect your ability to participate.
- Boating hours may vary, so check the availability and timing in advance.
- Plan to arrive a bit early to ensure a smooth boarding process.
- Make a reservation in advance, especially during peak seasons, to secure your spot.
- Check if any permits or additional documentation are required for the Boating activity.
- Be mindful of local customs and traditions while interacting with people from the area.
- Ask for permission before taking pictures of locals or their homes.
- Support eco-friendly initiatives and conservation efforts in the reserve.
- Refrain from buying products made from endangered or protected species.
Things to Carry
- Food and Water Supplies
- Proper Clothing
- Id Proof
- UA Voucher
Frequently Asked Quetions
What is the best time to go Boating in Thekkady?
The best time for Boating is early morning or late afternoon when wildlife activity is higher, and the weather is pleasant.
Are there any age restrictions for the Boating activity?
There are no strict age restrictions, but children and elderly individuals should be accompanied by adults for safety.
How many people can fit in a single Boat for the trip?
The capacity of each Boat may vary, but generally, around 20-25 passengers can be accommodated at a time.
Is it necessary to book the Boating trip in advance?
While on-the-spot bookings are possible, it's recommended to book in advance to avoid disappointment, especially during peak tourist seasons.
What types of wildlife can be seen during the Boating journey?
Periyar Lake offers opportunities to spot various bird species, elephants, gaur, sambar deer, and if lucky, Indian otters and wild boars.
Can I interact with the wildlife during the Boat ride?
No, visitors must maintain a safe distance from the animals to avoid any disturbances and ensure their well-being.
Are life jackets provided, and are they mandatory?
Yes, life jackets are provided for all passengers, and wearing them is mandatory for safety purposes.
How long does the Boating journey last?
The Boating trip typically lasts around 1.0 to 1.5 hours, providing ample time to enjoy the lake's scenic beauty and wildlife.
What happens in case of unfavourable weather conditions?
In case of heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions, the Boat ride may be suspended for safety reasons.
Can I bring snacks or drinks for the trip?
It's advisable not to bring food or drinks on the Boat to maintain cleanliness and avoid attracting wildlife. However, you can have refreshments before or after the ride at designated areas.