- Route: Chandigarh - Shimla - Kufri - Chandigarh
- Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Start Point: Chandigarh
- End Point: Chandigarh
About the Tour:
- Enveloped in mist, nestled within dense pine forests, and outlined with the snowy peaks of the mighty Himalayas, Shimla is the Queen of Hills that serves as a perfect vacation retreat to family, friends, and honeymooners. No matter the age, the toy train ride of Shimla will make the child in you jump with joy as it plays hide and seek with the tunnels and chugs slowly up the mountains.
- Be prepared for a pleasant colonial hangover by walking through the British-era buildings that will take you back to the old world. Satisfy the adventure junkie in you as you indulge in several adventure activities like skiing, sledding, trekking, or hiking through the trails of the Himalayan Nature Park in Kufri. DonΓÇÖt forget to send postcards to your loved ones from the 133-year-old Swiss-style post office of Shimla.
How to reach:
By Air: The easiest way to travel to Chandigarh is by air. The nearest airport is Chandigarh International Airport which operates frequent flights across the country.
By Road: Another option is The Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) which operates buses to nearby states and Union territories daily.
By Rail: Chandigarh Junction Railway is also a feasible option as it is well-connected to other major cities in India and closer to Shimla.
Day 1: Reach Shimla from Chandigarh | A Beautiful Town Encapsulated by Magical Misty Hills
- Reach Chandigarh; Here you will be greeted by a representative who will help you give a quick overview of the entire tour and will also help you with the smooth transfer from Chandigarh to Shimla.
- Once you reach the hotel it is recommended that you take some rest after a tiresome journey.
- The rest of the day is at leisure and you are free to roam and explore the popular landmarks and local markets around the hotel.
- Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Shimla and Excursion to Kufri | A Haven for Nature Enthusiasts with Beautiful Hiking Trails
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast in the morning at the hotel and then head out for local sightseeing in Shimla.
- You will be visiting Kalibari Temple which was built in 1845 and is dedicated to Goddess Kali, also known as Shyamala from where Shimla derives its name.
- Then you will trek to the top of Jakhoo Hill to visit the ancient temple which is dedicated to Lord Hanuman and visit the Christ Church which is a parish in the Diocese of Amritsar.
- Later in the afternoon, you will proceed towards Kufri, which passes through the splendid Hasan Valley and is known for its scenic beauty and pleasant weather.
- Visit the Himalayan Zoo which is home to wildlife like Felines, Antelopes, and other birds including Monal, the state bird of Himachal Pradesh.
- You can also choose to hike up the Mahasu Peak, one of the highest points in Kufri, that offers stunning views of the Badrinath and Kedarnath ranges.
- Later in the evening travel back to Shimla for the overnight stay.
Day 3: Departure from Shimla | End of Trip With a Bag Full of Life Time Memories
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast and then proceed to check out from the hotel and proceed to Chandigarh.
- Once you reach Chandigarh it marks the end of the trip.