About the Sandakphu Trekking:
- The Sandakphu walk, which starts at an elevation of 11,930 feet, is known as a 'Trekkers Wonderland.' Mount Everest, Kangchenjunga, Lhotse, and Makalu are the four major peaks to be seen on this expedition. This walk follows the well-known Singalila Ridge, a high plateau that is on the southern end of a long crest that comes down from the Kanchendzongha range and forms the border between Sikkim and Nepal.
- This ridge, which passes through small communities, is possibly one of the most scenically appealing in the Himalayas. The entire path is located within Singalila National Park, a biodiversity hotspot that is home to a variety of bird species, including the Red Panda, which is rare but no longer impossible to see.
Sandakphu Trekking Quick Facts:
- Duration: 6D/5N
- Altitude: 11,930 ft
- Sandakphu Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Sandakphu Trek Distance: 44km
- Temperature: Day: 8┬░C to 15┬░C and Night: -5┬░C to 5┬░C
- Best Time to do Sandakphu Trek: March to May, October to January
- Nearest Railway Station: NJP
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra
- ATM: You can withdraw cash at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP).
- Starting Point: Manebhanjan/ Chitrey
- Ending Point: Srikhola
How to Reach Maneybhanjan/ Chitrey:
- By Air: Bagdogra Airport is completely practical for a home in addition to worldwide flights. Visitors can quite simply take flights to attain right here from a number of the foremost towns of India which include Delhi, Guwahati, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata. Bangkok and Paro are at once linked thru the air to Bagdogra. Tourists can rent a taxi or bus travel from the airport to attain the metropolis of Bagdogra.
- By Rail: The new Jalpaiguri railway station is unquestionably one of North Bengal's busiest rail hubs. The railway station, which is four kilometres from Jalpaiguri city, has excellent access to several of India's most important cities.
- By Road: The West Bengal State Road Transport Corporation (WBSRTC) and a few private tour services connect Siliguri to the rest of the state. It's 7 kilometres from Matigara, 12 kilometres from Bharat Basti, sixteen kilometres from Kamal Pur, 26 kilometres from Pankhabari, 36 kilometres from Kurseong, 45 kilometres from Mirik, 66 kilometres from Kalimpong, 78 kilometres from Darjeeling, 170 kilometres from Biratnagar, 206 kilometres from Pratapganj, 377 kilometres from Naogaon, and 560 kilometres from Kolkata.
NOTE: Shared taxis are available regularly from the Bus Station, Railway Station, and Airport. It costs around Rs 3500 depending on the vehicle (shared among 5-6 trekkers).
Available Group Departure dates-
- May: 5,8
- October: 2,9,16,23,30
- November: 6,13,20,27
- December: 4,11,18,25
- [ Note: These dates can be customized in case of 5 or more persons. ]
Day 1 - Arrival in New Jalpaiguri (NJP), Drive from NJP ΓÇô Manebhanjan/Chitrey (95km/4 Hours)
- Travel to Manebhanjan
- Upon arrival in New Jalpaiguri/Siliguri in the morning, you will be taken to Manebhanjan, the origin of this amazing Sandakphu trekking.
Day 2 - 11km/5 hours trek, Singalila Range, trek from Manebhanjan to Tumling (9,500ft)
- After your breakfast, start trekking towards Tumling, one of the spectacular peaks in the Singalila Range.
- Upon arrival at a trekkerΓÇÖs hut.
Day 3 - 9km/5 Hours Trek, Singalila National Park
- Get ready to trek to Kalipokhri covering a distance of around 9 km in 5 hours.
- Explore and appreciate the stunning beauty of the area while walking past the Singalila National Park.
- Stay overnight in a trekker's hut in Kalipokhri.
Day 4 - 8km/4 Hours Trek, Sandakphu Peak, Mt Khanchendzonga, Mt Everest, Sunset Views
- Today, you will be trekking in Sandakphu, the highest point in West Bengal.
- Enjoy the panoramic views of Mt Khanchendzonga and Everest, the scenic forests underneath.
- Relish the sight of a mesmerizing sunset as well. overnight stay will be in a trekkerΓÇÖs hut.
Day 5 - 17km/7 Hours Trek, Descend to Srikhola
- Start the day with a descending trek from Sandakphu to Srikhola.
- For the first half of the trek, climb downhill to Gurdum (around 5 hours).
- For the next half, 2 hoursΓÇÖ descent will finally take you to Srikhola.
Day 6 - Return journey to New Jalpaiguri (130km/5 Hours)
- In the morning, take a drive through the winding roads and get transferred to New Jalpaiguri.
- The experience ends here.