Booking with ₹0
-22% ₹ 699
What will you experience
Increase your Connection
Epic Scenery of Bandardara Dam
Trek to 4255ft Above Sea Level
Top Notch Safety
Exhilarating Sights of Konkankada
About the Activity
|08:45 PM Onwards
|Between 10:30 PM to 11:00 PM
|Approx 6 Km
|1 Day & 1 Night
|Moderate to Difficult
About Ratangad Fort:
- The name Ratangad is made up of two words "Ratan Gad" meaning "Jewell Fort" Living up to Its name, Ratangad Fort is a heaven for those people who love going on Trek routes with historical significance.
- Ratangad Trek is situated in the district of Ahmednagar and is located at about the maximum elevation of 4255 feet. With views of the lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris, Ratangad looks very much lost in time.
About Ratangad Trek from Pune or Mumbai:
- After getting picked up from your preferred pickup points, Let the cold Breeze help you sleep comfortably while you take an amazing overnight ride to your base Village of Ratangad Fort Trek, Ratanwadi.
- Fill yourself up after eating the mouth-watering delicacies of Ratangad and energise yourself before you start your Ratangad Flower Trek.
- As you walk up towards the Hill, you will explore the amazing Flora of the Trek filled up with a plethora of different plants and trees as well as a thrilling and exciting Terrain keeping you occupied up to Fort.
- Once you reach the top, Behold the Majestic Aura of Ratangad Fort. The Fort that Lives up to its name, Ratan (Jewell), is enough to get rid of all the exhaustion you have and will make your Ratangad Trek from Pune worth every drop of sweat you shed while Trekking and rewards you with a breathtaking view.
- Explore the fort and watch the magical flowering on the top showcasing itself as the Crown of Fort. The Flowerbed is truly the Charm of this Fort so you cannot miss it. Start your descent down once you have enjoyed yourself and reach the base by lunchtime
- As soon as you reach back at the base, your trekking has finally come to an end. Now all you have to do is have a delicious lunch and depart comfortably to Pune.
Know before you book
- Review the package details or itinerary thoroughly to confirm your pick-up and drop-off points as it depends on your starting location.
- The age limit for Ratangad Trek From Pune is 12 Years or Above.
- Trekking requires a lot of stamina and fitness. So it is advisable to build your fitness levels and endurance with regular exercise, like walking, hiking, and cardiovascular workouts.
- Acclimatise to higher altitudes gradually to prevent altitude sickness. Learn the symptoms and signs of altitude sickness and know how to respond. A few tips are: 1) Stay well-hydrated - 2) Consume more carbohydrates in your diet to stay energetic - 3) Avoid high-protein meals as they become tough to digest at high altitudes - 4) Avoid alcohol and caffeine consumption - 5) Carry the essential medication with you only after due consultation with a doctor - 6) Avoid overexertion and be generous toward your body. Take rests when required - 7) Realize the symptoms of headache, dizziness, nausea or exhaustion and promptly signal your Trek Leader.
- We always prioritize safety. Our experienced trekking guides will brief you before your trek and guide you throughout your journey. All the necessary trekking gear is provided by our team. We ensure our gears are regularly inspected and are in top-notch condition.
Clothing & Footwear:
- Wear comfortable clothing and if possible dress in layers. It helps in adjusting to the changing weather conditions as you trek. Invest in proper trekking shoes with a good grip.
Respect the Environment:
- Dispose of waste properly, avoid littering, and follow the "Leave No Trace" principles to minimize your environmental impact.
- Changing weather conditions may affect the scheduling of the trek; hence, be prepared for changes in the dates of the trek as it is impacted by the weather conditions of the place that is included in our trekking trip.
Check our Packages:
- Carefully review what’s included in each of our packages, such as transportation, accommodations, activities, and any additional services. Ensure you select the package that best suits your preferences and needs.
- Check our packages meticulously to see if there are any insurance options included in the deal. In case, you need coverage, feel free to reach out to our team or you can go with your insurance provider.
Things to Carry
- Water Bottle
- Appropriate Clothing
- Comfortable Footwear
- UA Voucher
Frequently Asked Quetions
Is Ratangad trek difficult?
The difficulty level of the Ratangad trek is generally considered moderate. However, it's important to remember that difficulty is subjective and can vary depending on individual fitness levels and experience.
How long is the Ratangad trek?
It takes around 5-8 hours to complete the entire trek, including ascent, descent, and exploration of the fort. Experienced hikers can complete it in as little as 5 Hours while Beginners can take upto 8 Hours.
What is Ratangad Trek Cost?
The Ratangad trek cost with Universal Adventures varies depending on your chosen package and starting location. It starts from 699₹ if you start your Trek from Base and can go up to 1399₹ (from Pune)
What is best time to Visit Ratangad Trek?
The best time to visit Ratangad Trek is Monsoon Season. You get to explore and experience Ratangad with Lush green landscapes, waterfalls, and wildflowers which is also ideal for photographers.
How fit Should I be for Ratangad Trek?
As mentioned earlier, the trek can be challenging, so it's important to be in good physical condition. Training beforehand will help you make the most of your experience.
How far is Ratangad flower trek from Pune?
The distance from Pune to Ratangad Fort is 191 km along NH60. It will take approximately 5 hours and 20 minutes to drive from Pune to Ratangad Fort.
Is Ratangad and Kalsubai same?
No, Ratangad and Kalsubai are not the same, although they are closely related. The Ratangad Trek, or Ratangad Peak is a Part of the Kalsubai Range However the Trek itself is different from Kalsubai Peak Trek.
How far is Ratangad trek from Mumbai?
The distance from Mumbai to Ratangad is 177 km along NH 160 and it will take approximately 5 hours and 8 minutes to drive.
What is the base village for Ratangad trek?
While There are two base villages for Ratangad Trek, the base Village we use is Ratanwadi which provides and shorter and direct route to Ratangad Fort and helps you reach the fort early.