About The Tour:
Munnar is a serene hill station in Kerala, which cannot be portrayed in a single canvas. Unfold the natural beauty of this mesmerizing hill station while meandering through the tea estates, hiking through the misty peaks, walking in the woods or just relaxing by the pristine glittery waterfalls.
You can also choose to soak in the amazing landscape from your room while having the best cuisine of Kerala or by enjoying a perfect cup of tea while watching the best of nature. Munnar also has an advantage of being a 365 days destination, by offering you a different landscape in every season, which is a rejuvenating experience overall.
- Route: Kochi - Munnar -Kochi
- Duration: 3 Days 2 Nights
- Start point: Kochi
- End point: Kochi
Γ₧öAirport pick up and drop as per your flight timings
Γ₧öComfortable and hygienic vehicle (Ac Sedan/SUV car) for sightseeing on all days as per the itinerary.
Γ₧öBreakfast on All Days
Γ₧öDriver cum guide
Γ₧öAccommodation (Depending on the variant selected)
Universal Adventures Recommended:
Γ₧öDrive to Munnar hills
Γ₧öSprawling tea plantations
Γ₧öVisit Munnar town and shop for spices and handmade chocolates
Γ₧öFeast on Delicious South Indian Cuisine at Savarna Bhavan.
Γ₧öVisit the Eravikulam National Park which houses many endangered flora and fauna, is also the home to the largest population of Nilgiri Tahr
Γ₧öExplore Anamudi ΓÇô the highest peak in South India at the national park.
How to reach:
You can reach Kochi by Air, Road and Railways. Cochin International Airport (CIAL) is the airport in Kochi which has domestic and international flights connectivity. Kochi has two major railway stations ΓÇô Ernakulam Town and Ernakulam Junction. Kochi is well connected to neighboring cities and states. Major South Indian cities have buses plying to Kochi.
Day 1: Kochi - Munnar | Arrival & Sightseeing
- Board your flight from Chennai to Cochin.
- Upon arrival at Cochin international airport, meet our executive and get transferred to Munnar.
- On arrival at Munnar, complete the check in formalities and head out to explore Munnar.
- Visit to Valara waterfall and enjoy the spectacular view of the waterfall falling from a height of about 1000 feet by sitting peacefully with your loved ones.
- Next, visit a famous tea museum owned by Tata Group that exhibits different equipment used in tea manufacturing from the early 20th century to the late 20th century and understand the tea making process.
- Visit the Pothamedu Viewpoint that offers a panoramic view of a fantastic place to spend some time in the lap of nature with great views.
- In the evening, return to the hotel for a delicious dinner and sleep restfully.
Day 2: Munnar | Exploring the Wilderness
- Wake up in the morning, have a hearty breakfast and get ready to explore Munnar.
- Visit Rajamalai Wildlife Sanctuary to experience the richness of its flora and fauna and witness a variety of animals in the park, such as elephant Gaur, Giant Squirrel, Leopard, Lion-Tailed Macaque, Tiger, and Sambar.
- Head towards man-made Mattupetty Lake which is formed by the hydro-electricity dam to have a memorable experience at the lake surrounded by wooden hills and tea plantations along with watching elephants taking a bath in the lake water while boating.
- Visit Echo Point and have a visual treat with the fresh mountain air, the mist-clad hills and panoramic view from the hilltop.
- In the evening, you can take a walk down the Photo Echo Point and stroll around in the cool breeze and capture beautiful snaps with abundant green sceneries just like in a postcard.
- Get captivated by the beauty of Kundala Lake in absolute serenity which is surrounded by green valleys and majestic landscapes.
- Return back to the hotel and enjoy an overnight stay and dinner.
Day 3: Munnar | Visit to Tea Plantation and Departure
- Wake up early and have delicious breakfast and get ready for a visit to the tea plantations.
- Explore beautiful tea estates and tea cultivation which is the heart Of Munnar.
- Go for tasting or shopping the tea essence of Munnar.
- Stroll around the plantation and grasp knowledge about the entire process of picking, segregating, drying, threshing and aroma packing is done.
- Post this, return to the hotel and get ready to check out from the hotel and end the journey.
- You will be dropped at your desired location in Cochin.