- Duration of the Tour: 13N/14D
- Meal Types: Veg
- Activities: Biking, Camping
- Distance Covered Daily: 150kms [Average]
- Highest Altitude: 18,000ft
- Temperature Range: three to 35 Degrees [summer] and -20 to -35 Degrees [winter]
- Difficulty Level: Moderate to Challenging
About the Destinations:
- Putting up an extraordinary majestic herbal beauty, Ladakh is a land that permits you to craft your very personal Himalayan odyssey. Best defined as a ΓÇ£Land of excessive PassesΓÇ¥ this Himalayan area is replete with rolling hillsides ΓÇô a few green, a few snow-capped, and a few so rugged that it may be mind-boggling.
- On this motorcycle excursion to Leh Ladakh, youΓÇÖre destined for one of the maximum humbling experiences. Whether you journey alongside the majestic River Indus or croon your manner with the Pangong Tso Lake beside you, thereΓÇÖs by no means a stupid moment. The journey may be a check of patience, skill, and determination, which on the cease assures you of a pit forestall with an come upon with nomadic tribes whoΓÇÖve made this placing their home.
- Go exploring across the town of Leh with its infinite gompas, Tibetan market, and neighborhood eateries meting out scrumptious fares to finish your Ladakhi sojourn.
Day 1 - Drive from Manali to Delhi
- Overnight Bus Journey, Ride Ends Here
- With your Himalayan rendezvous coming to an end, take a 15-hour long bus ride from Manali to Delhi. Bid goodbye to this biking haven, recreating several patches of your journey in your mind and heart.
Day 2 - Flight from Delhi to Leh
- 70-minute flight, 11,500 feet Altitude, Acclimatization Day
- Feast your eyes with the first sight of the majestic Himalayas as you land at one of the highest airports in the world [10,682ft]. Spend this day getting used to thin crisp mountain air and meet up with the ride instructors to receive a trip briefing.
Day 3 - Leh
- Terrain Riding, Receipt of Bikes
- Today, youΓÇÖll encounter your first experience of biking around the Himalayan terrain. Take a spin on your bike around Leh. The set path will be on smooth tarmac and dirt tracks to have you familiarize yourself with the route on this Himalayan adventure. Take the help of mechanics on the trip to customize the machine to your comfort ahead of your journey.
Day 4 - Ride from Leh to Pangong Tso Lake
- Changthang Plateau. Chang La Pass, Pangong Tso Lake
- Feel the thrill as this is the start point of your biking tour. Leave the city of Leh to ride through the most breath-taking Ladakhi landscape of the vast Changtang Plateau, Chang La Pass [17,586ft] before the majestic grassland plain and meadows of Changtang present an alluring vista. Grazing flocks of yaks and sheep with watchful nomads create a perfect high-range setting.
- Continue to ride the road ahead, for a treat awaits you at Pangong Tso Lake [135km]. A visually stunning natural framework of deep blue waters against the stark brown mountain backdrop is awe-striking. As the sun plays hide ΓÇÿn seek with the lakeΓÇÖs saline water, it creates a host of aqua hues making this the prime reason to visit. On a migratory ground, youΓÇÖll find distinct birds around the lake. Overnight stay with a local Ladakhi family marks a beautiful ending to the day.
Day 5 - Ride from Pangong Tso Lake to Sakti village
- Pangong Tso Lake
- TodayΓÇÖs ride will be etched in your memory forever. As you trace the route back Chang La for the next pit stop through Merak village, the azure flow of the Pangong Lake keeps you company. Descent from Chang La leads you to Sakti village, where you will spend the night here at a well-equipped campsite.
Day 6 - Ride from Nubra Valley to Hunder (via Sakti)
- Silk Route, Hairpin Bends, Hunder
- Today you will head out to the beautiful ΓÇÿValley Of FlowersΓÇÖ.
- With the scenery, mesmerizing valleys, and stoic silence you canΓÇÖt help but fall in love with this nirvana. Feel the adrenaline rush as you glide through narrow meandering roads, cutting across streams and river beds before arriving at Hunder ΓÇô a village sitting as a pretty oasis in the middle of Nubra Village. Turn in for the night in a resort camp.
Day 7 - Ride from Hunder to Leh (via Khardung La)
- Highest Motorable Pass in the World
- Today is one of the most awaited stretches of the trip ΓÇô scaling the dizzy heights of Khardungla Pass [18,380ft], the highest motorable road in the world. A smooth route takes you right upto the top, spend a few moments at this high point to acknowledge your accomplishment. Bow down to the grand landscape around before beginning your descent into Leh for an overnight stay and a small celebration.
Day 8 - Leh
- Rest Day, Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, Tibetan Market
- Phew! After the grueling ride of yesterday, youΓÇÖve earned a well-deserved day of rest. You can, however, choose to visit the 9-story imposing structure of Leh Palace to catch a birdΓÇÖs eye view of the bustling town life below or pick up some unique knick-knacks at the Tibetan market. Head to Shanti Stupa towards sunset time for a compelling spectacle as the day ends in this Himalayan region with asleep at the hotel.
Day 9 - Ride from Leh to Tsomo Ri Ri Lake
- Riverbed Riding, Indus River
- Gear up for a long sojourn with the roads today as you ride for a little over 240km to reach Tsomo Ri Ri Lake. Indus River gushes past you as you meander along its course through sand and bumpy patches. Attack the tough terrain of Namshang La Pass [17,000ft]. Ease out as you ride through the serene environs close to the Thaksang Karu Lake. This pleasant panorama continues as you head towards Tsomo Ri Ri Lake. Restore your faith in Mother Nature as you soak in the pleasure of riding at such heights through sand and stone tracks; relax after the long ride in the cool breeze across the lake as you tuck in for the night.