About the Destination :
Located in the heart of Kedarnath Valley, Chopta is home to many snow-capped mountains, vast lakes and lush green meadows. A famous trekking place dotted with many steep plains and rocky terrains, Chandrashila Trek in Chopta has invited various adventure and thrill-seekers. Chopta Tour will let you conquer the peak and set foot on a magnificent hill from where the panoramic views of the valley will catch your eyes. This place is also termed as the ΓÇ£Mini SwitzerlandΓÇ¥ of India due to its scenic beauty.
- Route: Haridwar - Chopta - Tungnath - Chandrashila - Sari - Deoriatal - Haridwar
- Duration: 4 Days/ 3 Nights
- Start Point: Haridwar
- End Point: Haridwar
- Comfortable and sanitized vehicle (Sedan/ SUV depending on group size) for sightseeing on all days as per the itinerary.
- Toll tax and parking.
- Driver Allowance.
- Accommodation in Camps/ Homestays
- Breakfast and Dinner (North Indian Cuisine) as per itinerary.
- Experienced Driver cum Guide.
Universal Adventures Recommended:
- Visit Ukhimat temple
- Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary ΓÇô Witness Deer Playing
- Pay a Visit to Madhyamaheshwar Mandir
- Camp at Rohini Bugyal
- Explore Bisurital Lake
How to Reach:
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is 37 km away from Haridwar, whereas Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi is 223 km away. You can reach Haridwar from these two airports via bus, taxi or train.
Day 1: Arrival | Haridwar to Chopta
- Board the bus from the boarding point in Haridwar and start your Chopta tour, It will take 7-8 hours to reach Duggalbitta.
- After reaching Duggalbitta, check-in to the beautiful campsite amidst the lush green meadows and spend the day at leisure.
- You can spend the day interacting with the fellow group members or go for a hike or stroll to explore the nearby places.
- Have an overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 2: Chopta- Tungnath - Chandrashila- Chopta
- After breakfast, pack your bags and get ready to conquer the mountains.
- Today we will start our trek with full energy and reach a steep gradient. After 3680 mts we will reach Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world.
- After a few kms, you will reach the highest destination of your Chopta tour, Chandrashila peak.
- Spend some time here and enjoy a 180 degree view of Nanda devi, Bandarpunch, Chaukhamba and kedar peak.
- Later, start trekking down back to Chopta and as you reach the campsite, have dinner and a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 3: Trek to Sari & Deoriatal
- After breakfast, pack your bags and head to Sari village for the 3rd day of your Chopta tour packages. From Sari, we will start our trek to Deoriatal.
- Trek to Deoriatal is at an elevation of 440 mts approx of the total uphill trek of 2Kms.
- On our way, we will make two stops for relaxation where you can click some pictures and kickback.
- After reaching Deoriatal, you will witness the picturesque views of the village and the majestic Chaukhamba peak.
- Visit the Deoriatal Lake. Spend some time there and later descend back to Sari.
- Have dinner and overnight stay at Sari.
Day 4: Departure (Sari to Haridwar)
- Wake up to a beautiful morning in the mountains and check-out from the campsite.
- Board the bus back to Haridwar as your Chopta trip package reaches its final destination.